There is an old computer program called After Dark 4.0 which lets Windows 95 users have some fun screen savers. One of these screen savers is called "Points of View." It plays music and displays various shapes which morph into new shapes at set intervals of time. Some of these shapes include a vari ...more|
, 158 months, post #1 |
What's the transformation... exactly?|
, 158 months, post #2 |
It's an inanimate object which transforms into other objects. I
know it isn't a person transforming but I thought it still counts.
I wasn't certain if this was one of those gray areas in the
From: The Gambler
, 158 months, post #3 |
It's just a morph, from one picture to another........|
, 158 months, post #4 |
Message deleted by Ponjos. Flaming.|
, 158 months, post #5 |
Well... I'm not sure if it counts or not, to be quite honest.|
It does depict some type of physical transformation...
though it's not an "unnatural fictional physical transformation."
But if I remember correctly, a similar question was raised about
naturally-occurring or real-life transformations, and Paul left it
open for discussion.
So... that's what we'll do - leave it open for discussion.
Now... I was thinking that the application used some type of
transition from one picture to the next, but this is an actual
screen saver that morphs one item into another... like some of the
facial-morphing videos we see on YouTube and the like... correct?
If that's the case, I see no problem with it staying.
From: The Gambler
, 158 months, post #6 |
Not object into another, but morphing one picture into the next
picture, doesn't matter what pictures are---it just happen that
, 158 months, post #7 |
Okay... so it's not like a slide-show with some fancy dissolve or
fade... it's morphing from one to the other ???|
From: The Gambler
, 158 months, post #8 |
As far as I remember, yes.|
The other thing that After Dark 4.0 has is morphing a ball into
cube, and few other things and return to the ball, while the object
is moving/bouncing on around on the screen. Though, I doubt we need
to put this one down as morphing/transforming.....
, 158 months, post #9 |
, 158 months, post #10 |
I have the program. It features the object moving around the screen
as it regularly morphs into a variety of shapes and sizes.|
Please note that "Points of View" is not a slide show of any sort.
There is another piece of AfterDark 4.0 called Art Critic which
features a Picasso style artist which can view a slide show of
Also, The Gambler, please note (I think) that the screen saver
you're thinking of is called 3D FlowerBox and is featured in
Microsoft Windows XP.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]