This entry marked for deletion - the information is incorrect, there is no transformation - 2007aug06 cj
served Apollo as a girl.|
, 158 months, post #1 |
There is an entry in the gender section which states that Adonis
served Apollo as a female. However, I can't find any proof for this
anywhere in ancient mythology. Can anyone either prove or disprove
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 158 months, post #2 |
I suspect you're thinking of the tale of Heracles (aka Hercules)
and Omphale (the Queen of Lydia).|
The story goes something like this:
Driven mad by Hera, Heracles murders his best friend Iphitus. His
punishment is to become a slave to Queen Omphale who, for reasons
never quite explained, decides that he will serve her has a woman.
Heracles is forced to wear womens clothing and perform womens
chores alongside the queens other hand maidens until he is finally
released from slavery. In the end, he marries the queen who goes on
to bear him a son.
I dont recall having ever seen a reference to Adonis ever serving
Apollo in this manner, but I can't rule it out either. Those
ancient greeks did a lot of funny things like that :)
From: Miss Pinky
, 158 months, post #3 |
There was also the story of Achilles pretending to be a maiden at
his mother's request so he wouldn't go off to war.|
From: guest (Heretic)
, 158 months, post #4 |
Dyonisos was raised as a girl, until his foster parents were slain.
Later he lived as part of a group of female ... priests/shamans
whatever, the later mainads.|
, 158 months, post #5 |
When the Greeks said that a man served another as a woman, it meant
an homosexual relationship, not a transformation|
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 158 months, post #6 |
Although in the case of Heracles and Omphale I dont really think
you can call it a homosexual relationship, but I tend to agree with
you Sola that the ancient greeks didn't seem to have much
difficulty with homosexual behavior or even bestiality.|
Indeed, there is one tale of of Pasiphae and the Bull. Pasiphae,
who was the the Queen of Minos, was cursed by the god Poseidon
(they do a lot of cursing don't they) to fall in love with a sacred
white bull. To satisfy her love she had Daedalus construct a
life-like cow that Pasiphae could get into so she could woo (or is
it moo?) the bull into a coupling.
And what do you get from such a romantic encounter? You get the
famed Minotaur of Minos of course!
Who says studying ancient civilizations isn't fun? :)
, 158 months, post #7 |
Indeed, studying mythology is fun.|
However, should we keep this entry in this database?
Sola said "When the Greeks said that a man served another as a woman, it
meant an homosexual relationship, not a transformation".
If that's what this entry meant, is it valid as a transformation?
Can anyone find proof of a transformation?
I'm thinking this entry should be marked for deletion.
Either way, talking about ancient civilizations is quite fun.
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 158 months, post #8 |
No, there are no transformations here, I think we can call this one
Though it's worth noting that Pasiphae is sister to Circe who is
well known for her skills in metamorphosis, illusion and dark
necromancy - most famously in turning Odysseus's men into swine. So
in a round about way this sorta kinda has something to do with
Perhaps if we just rename this thread to "Vague Greek Mythological
References" it can stay :)
, 157 months, post #9 |
Is there an actual way to rename threads in the message board or
would that be an administrator thing?|
, 157 months, post #10 |
I don't think that bestiality was really practiced in ancient
Greece. While Greek mythology had a lot of references, it seems
that this is only in fiction. I suspect that a lot of this has to
do with different religious traditions being combined in a somewhat
haphazard fashion causing myths from diverse cultures to be
, 157 months, post #11 |
>>> "s there an actual way to rename threads in the message board or
would that be an administrator thing?"
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]