Age, Gender, Animal
You can see "Girl Bernard" in a very brief appearance in the movie's trailer.
The character was called "Brevis" in Stardust the book. A very minor character.
"Bernard" gets turned into quite a busty tavern wench. If you see the trailer on apple.com, there's a scene where the evil witch played ...more|
From: guest (Funglius)
, 157 months, post #1 |
Seems there is some type of TG in Stardust.|
Movie cast links one character, "Bernard" and two actors playing
Jake Curran ... Bernard
Olivia Grant ... Girl Bernard
, 157 months, post #2 |
I remember hearing about this a while back.|
This really looks like a 'must see'. Thanks for the reminder
From: guest (Corwin)
, 157 months, post #3 |
Yup, looks like.|
And you can see "Girl Bernard" in a very brief appearance in the
The character was called "Brevis" in Stardust the book. A very
minor character, good to see he/she survived the transition to the
It looks like "Bernard" gets turned into quite a busty tavern
wench. If you see the trailer on apple.com, there's a scene where
the evil witch played by Michelle Pfeiffer conjures up an inn in a
bright green kaleidoscope of CGI effects. Standing on either side
of her are a guy with a white beard who (in the book at least)
started out as a billy goat and a woman who started out as the boy
Anybody want to try posting an image??
From: guest (thesaint137)
, 157 months, post #4 |
Brevis is first transformed into a goat before being changed a
, 157 months, post #5 |
Here is Bernard and his goat before...|
Here is Bernard as a goat being used by Lamia. (I starting to like
this Lamia character)
Here is Bernard as the wench with his goat
, 157 months, post #6 |
No entry here for the book... and if the TF elements are confirmed
to be in the movie... Anyone can certainly beat me to the
submissions... it may be a few days before I have time to submit it
From: guest (InKpott)
, 157 months, post #7 |
I do believe that Stardust was written by a comicbook author , but
I can't remember who . It wasn't Alan Moore but it was one in his
area of the bizarre and creatively outlandishness . Maybe Gaimian ,
possibly . . .|
From: guest (ScotiaNova)
, 157 months, post #8 |
It is indeed by Neil Gaiman, but I don't agree with him being
described as a comic book author.|
Gaiman is a writer who flits from between genres and formats.
Writing Movies, plays, novels, childrens novels, comics, poems and
a regular blog.
Not to diminish any artistic contribution that a comic book author
can give to society, but Gaiman is so much more of an authorial
From: guest (Urban)
, 156 months, post #9 |
What happens to Bernard later in the book?|
From: guest (Anon Ymous)
, 156 months, post #10 |
Just FYI, on the subject of transformation, the main character in
Stardust, Tristran (Tristan in the movie), is temporarily turned
into a dormouse...|
From: guest (thesaint137)
, 156 months, post #11 |
At Barnes & Noble there is a big Stardust "making of the movie"
book. It was a full page pic of Girl-Bernard that isn't available
online and even the shooting script. Apparently, when Bernard is a
goat he momentarily is changed back into his normal form, he
breathes a sigh of relief but is quickly disappointed when he's
transformed into a "boyish but sexy" tavern girl. There's also a
joke where he serves Tristan a drink and he asks for her name.
"Bernard," the girl replies. Tristan is perplexed.|
From: guest (eryen)
, 156 months, post #12 |
is the guy stuck at end?|
From: guest (Apuleius)
, 156 months, post #13 |
Well, if they follow the book, both the old man and the girl end up
getting killed and revert back to their original selves (a goat and
a boy) in death. No idea if the movie is going to show that part.|
From: guest (T Roy)
, 156 months, post #14 |
Are there any age regressions/progressions in the movie? The
trailers make it look as if there's at least one.|
From: guest (mabu)
, 153 months, post #15 |
I think there was a link to transformation scene?|
From: guest (ScotiaNova)
, 153 months, post #16 |
Bernard dies in the book.|
But there are a lot more happy endings in the film than in the book
and -he- does live to dream of his time as a lady another day.
, 153 months, post #17 |
So he is returned to male form?|
, 153 months, post #18 |
Yes alas he became male again|
From: guest (mabu)
, 153 months, post #19 |
I've seen the movie yesterday great|
, 153 months, post #20 |
Are there any clips of the transformation yet?|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]