Bob Shaw book Call Me Dumbo|
Two men are stranded on a planet with an organ bank on ship. One surgically (and clumsily) implants a womb to the other, then dopes "her" up with drugs so that "she" thinks theyre a perfect little family with a picket-fence lawn.|
, 604 months, post #1 |
Not a bad short story - seems to be an attempt to out-Henry
O'Henry... if that makes sense (plot twist). To not spoil the story
I will not go into detail. Buuuuuut... I have some questions for
the author: If the bad guy wanted to make his pal into a woman so
as to start a family after crash-landing on a new planet, why is he
so contemptious of "her." "She" seems to have had a mental
transformation as well. (Homophobia?) This story seems 1950ish and
could have been better written in 1990 (my opinion - you might
disagree). And why is (lose the quotations) she so accepting of her
role as doormat? The story explains all "children" were "slipped
in" via test-tube-like - why does't she demand her wifely
priviledges? Where is the basis for her apparent LOVE of this
Neanderthal SOB (my excuses to precursor-humanoids and lady dogs).|
Still, a short, vividly described plotline - based upon a reeeelly
unique set of conditions. Don't look for the big-earred Disney
elephant! Hard to find? Probably. I recommend it as something
different, something strange... TG with a vengence.
, 604 months, post #2 |
This is a short story that appears in the collection "Tomorrow Lies
in Ambush", 1973 by Ace books. An ok story but not worth looking
From: guest (achernar)
, 96 months, post #3 |
A short Sci-Fi story with a hard horror twist.|
A good plot that starts with a perfect little family then unveils
little by little the reality behind to reach pure horror.
It is pretty mind boggling, raising questions with multiple
This was published in French with the title "Dumbo" in "Galaxie
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]