From: Caitlin B
, 617 months, post #1 |
A wonderful story that has the very male Dr. Tachyon having to deal
with new expectations and reactions of others. Unlike many works
with deal with empowerment issues in gender changes, this one
recognizes the complex tradeoffs rathern than just ticking off the
advantages or disadvantages.|
, 233 months, post #2 |
Follow up novel to the 'Lovers' story arc in Wildcards IX. Picks up
right in the middle of the action. There is some important back
story for this to be properly enjoyed, but the author does a fairly
good job of catching a new reader up to speed without maiming the
dialogue or flow of the story too badly.|
In a nutshell: Dr. Tachyon is an humanlike alien trying to help
earth cope with super powered humans created by a viurs he helped
design. His grandson Blaise is a deviant teenage psychopath who
gains the ability to 'jump' (swap bodies with) people from one of
these super humans.
Setting out to destroy his grandfather, a womanizer and something
of a chavaunist depsite his sensitive facade, Blaise conducts a
triple jump leaving Tachyon trapped in the body of a young woman
who had wanted to be Blaise's girlfriend, and the unsuspecting girl
in Dr. Tachyon's body. Blaise almost immediately strips and beats
Tachyon, brutally deflowering 'her' new sixteen year old body in a
chillingly convincing rape.
Tachyon later tries to escape and is unsuccessful, only to be
eventually rescued by a super powered vigilante. But not before she
is five or six months along after being impregnated by her grandson
from multiple rapes however.
Blaise finally flees the planet in Tachyon's own spaceship and with
'his' male body, leaving Tachyon apparently trapped on earth as a
woman, and soon to be a mother, forever. This is where the book
Basically Double Solitaire is a race against time, as Tachyon tries
to reach her homeworld, capture Blaise, and return to her original
body before she gives birth. The hero/heroine is only partly
successful as Tachyon has been consigned to the women's quarters,
endured childbirth, breastfed, indulged in consensual sex with an
amorous cousin, and even gotten herself pregnant again before she
is returned to her male body.
A good book that isn't overly preachy or stereotypical. Neither
side in the war of the sexes is depicted as better, just different.
Tachyon's reactions are usually quite believable as she ranges from
confusion and discomfort due to her new body, and the changes both
emotional and physical caused by pregnancy, to despair and
eventually acceptance of, and even sometimes amusement with, her
new (and she hopes temporary) condition.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]