A Cheeky Angel|
This new anime based off a popular manga series by the same name has just started showing in Japan back on October 5th.
A boy was given a magic book by a mysterious old man containing a genie of some kind, and wished to be the manliest man alive, but the evil genie instead changes him to a beautif ...more|
, 206 months, post #1 |
Cheeky Angel is a suprisingly fun show. I had seen the first
episode a year or so ago, and thought the concept for the show was
okay. I wasn't really drawn into the characters or the situation
all that much just watching the 1st episode. Well.. now I've seen
over half of the series on DVD, and I have to say... this is a
sleeper hit for me. Once you get into it, it's very difficult to
Yes, the English Subtitles are crude, but after awhile... you can
pretty much decode them. Whitney (The Cheeky Angel) is such a fun
character to watch. If you don't know how this character came to
be... I'll explain in just a few words. Whitney was a 9 year old
boy when he was given a magic book. A genie offered him a wish.
Whitney asked to be the man of all men. The genie goofed and made
Whitney the woman of all women. This is all explained in a great
flashback moment, and most of the series takes place while Whitney
is in high school and is 16.
The conflict Whitney goes thru is sometimes funny, but also
dramatic at times. It's such a breath of fresh air to see a TG
theme be more than just an excuse for a comedy. Whitney doesn't
want to be a woman (most of the time). It is in my opinion, one of
the best commercial series I have seen to date that deal with the
conflict of a boy becoming a girl, and stuck with it.
And the surrounding characters who are either trying to be her
friend, or boyfriend actually have a lot of dimension to them. The
cartoon aspect really revolves around their comedic attempts to woo
If you are a fan of Ranma 1/2... I highly recommend this series. It
doesn't have all of the quick M2F transformations like Ranma has...
but I love the way Cheeky Angel deals with the subject matter.
Check this anime out anyway you can... it's is my second favorite
M2F anime, just behind Ranma 1/2.
- Mako -
, 206 months, post #2 |
I followed the Tenshi na Konamaiki as a Japanese-language manga.
Just mho, but I was majorly disappointed by the storylines, and
frustrated by the ending. Be forewarned.|
It is a very good manga story, but imho a very bad tg story, if it
even qualifies as one.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]