Lure of the Temptress|
It's pretty short adventure game with typical plot (our hero must help peasents and destroy the evil demon). In the middle of the game our hero creates some magical potion that changes him into beautiful woman. The transformation is nicely done but don't expect anything brilliant (look on the date o ...more|
, 193 months, post #1 |
Overall rating I gave it a 2 (An "Ok" rating). The game is
incredibly frustrating. I ended up resorting to the Hints and Tips
page that is at the same site where you download the game. Also,
the DOS sound system that the game uses doesn't seem to be
compatible with WinXP, some sound would've helped a lot I think,
although I have no idea what the original sounds was like. Maybe
the original sound was horrible, and I'm better off not having
heard it. Other than that I think it's an awesome game considering
the prehistoric times that it was published in.|
I give the Transformation a 3 "Good" rating. You don't just look
like the woman, everyone thinks you are her and treat you
differently. The potion doesn't wear off until you proceed through
the story a bit, so feel free to mess with all the townspeople. I'd
give it a 4 "Must See" rating, but I would've prefered to look like
Edwina or Goewin instead of Selena, who is a little less
attractive. Also it's not a "Must See" because the graphics are
low-resolution 2D sprites.
But hey, it's free, what are you waiting for?
Here's some tips that should save you a lot of frustration starting
out. Most other riddles can be solved simply by talking to everyone
you can find, or examining items in your inventory.
1) I'm honestly not sure if you really need to do this, but it says
to do this on the page where you download the game. Once you start
the Executable, move the mouse cursor to the top of the screen and
left-click there to access the Game Menu where you should pick the
"Restart the Game" Option to bypass the copy protection.
2) Go to the options and change it from SLOW TEXT to FAST TEXT.
Nobody needs to read >>THAT<< slow.
3) Once you escape the Cell, close the door behind you and lock it.
4) There's a knife on top of the barrel.
5) The barrel has a Tap to get water from.
6) Give the Gem to Nellie the bartender. Give the Flask to the
7) There's a Tinderbox that you can "Get" on the floor at the
8) Ratpouch is the only one who can use the lockpick, give it to
him. He unlocks doors by being told to "Unlock the door" and not
"Use the lockpick on the door"
9) If you take too long in the magician's labratory a guard will
come and send you back to jail (the very beginning of the game).
, 81 months, post #2 |
Free on GOG :)|
Lure of the temptress
, 81 months, post #3 |
I remember when this came out, I thought it would be the greatest
thing since monkey island, I enjoyed the th element even then, but
the game was so short... It had loads of game play mechanics that
were barely implemented... Such a waste|
As a game I'd say go play monkey island or space quest 4-10
Or mad max, or day of the tentacle
Or the dagger of Amon ra
Or Rex nebula
Or legend of kyrandia
Or Simon the sorcerer
Or broken sword or Gabriel knight
Or beneath a steel sky
Or any one of the three discworld games...
Intact start with the longest journey then play all the games
above... So many better games then lore of the temptress... Don't
play for the TG (except Rex nebula) play because graphic adventures
are better then any other kind of interactive media...
From: guest (Sinclair Timex rocks)
, 81 months, post #4 |
Well if we're back into 'prehistoric times' of DOS 5,0 and the|
earlier stuff ( Sinclair/Timex with BASIC ) my favourite was
DSS ( Duelling Star Ships) and I just loved
laying 'photon mines around both mine and the enemy ship
,press in the command and watch en all go " BOOM"
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]