In this provocative teen comedy, Luke, a young man insecure about his masculinity discovers he's a Zerophiliac, with the ability to change sex at will. Join Luke as he journeys into the extraordinary world of Zerophilia where so many crazy questions arise, only one question matters: "Whom do you lo ...more|
From: guest (Alicia)
, 200 months, post #1 |
The release date for "Zerophilia" is October 13 in New York,
October 20 in Los Angeles and October 27 in Chicago.|
Spread the Word!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
From: guest (thesaint137)
, 200 months, post #2 |
Chicago on the 27th! Woot!|
From: guest (argentino)
, 200 months, post #3 |
any news about the dvd?|
, 200 months, post #4 |
When does this movie come out in movie theaters in jacksonville,FL
, 200 months, post #5 |
Hey, the Zerophilia folks are making a special offer to people who
show up in NYC on opening weekend (they're trying to get a big
turn-out). You can get a credit on the DVD. See tgcomics.com
for more details.|
From: guest (Robbie)
, 200 months, post #6 |
Why is this movie still not rated? Is it PG-13, R? Does it have
nudity, profanity etc? It's very hard to get info on it even days
before it's release.|
, 200 months, post #7 |
I'm very much looking forward to this one.|
I can tell it's going to be released on DVD eventually but until
then, does anyone know if the movie will appear nation wide? World
I hope they don't saturate it with an abundance of low-style humor
ie: sex jokes and the like. While I do enjoy the comedy aspect of a
TG movie, I prefer a more serious tone to this type of feature.
From: guest (Masashi)
, 200 months, post #8 |
> Does it have nudity, profanity etc? It's very hard to get info
on it even days before it's release.|
From the review at TGComics, it sounds like half the movie is about
masturbation and humping. If so, count me out.
(WARNING: LOTS OF SPOILERS AT REVIEW)
From: Mr. Ram
, 200 months, post #9 |
I didn't get the impression, from the review, that half of
Zerophilia was about masturbation and humping. Any treatment of a
transgender experience would have to have a little sexual
exploration to seem realistic. I think you're being a little
oversensitive to that sort of thing.|
From: guest (bob goforit)
, 200 months, post #10 |
When is it coming to Ireland, does anyone know.please.thank you|
From: guest (NYC TG Fan)
, 200 months, post #11 |
Longtime Fictionmania reader here with a review of the new TG movie
"Zerophilia" which had its premiere this weekend here in New York
City. This is a Spoiler-Free (tm) Review.|
This film exceeded my hopes for an independent TG film and turned
out to be really very good. I caught a late afternoon showing that
had only perhaps 15 or so people in attendance, but it's a small
theater anyhow. I hope the evening shows were better-attended,
because TG magic/sci-fi fans could do far worse than "Zerophilia"
to expose our tastes to the mainstream audience. In other words,
"Zerophilia" should satisfy and entertain both TG fans and the
reasonably open-minded among non-TG fans.
The single strongest attribute of "Zerophilia" is its cast. All of
the actors are great for their roles, and none more so than Marieh
Delfino in the critical role of Luca, the female alter ego of the
male protagonist. If there were an award for Best Performance by an
Actress Portraying a Confused Young Man in a Woman's Body, I don't
think Marieh Delfino would have any real competition from, say,
Ellen Barkin, Debbie Reynolds or others who have tried the turn.
And she looks just enough like Taylor Handley (the male Luke) to
tantalize the imagination. Her voice is definitely feminine, but
it's a lowish alto that is delicious for a TG'ed character.
What ultimately makes the film work is that the characters are
awkward but likeable. All of the characters, including those not
afflicted with Zerophilia, give a realistic portrayal of handling
gender and identity confusion in themselves and others. The movie
is just brimming with the awkwardness of young adulthood, but what
is tiresome in so many "teen movies" works very well here because
of the subject matter. I liked all of the characters so much, I
empathized pleasantly with that awkwardness. And it's SO nice to be
able to say that after seeing so many TG movies in which the main
characters are rich, inhuman jerks that you really don't care
whether they come to adapt to their situation or not ("Switch" or
The writing is surprisingly non-cliched. Aside from the inevitable
"Oh, Luca is Luke's cousin visiting from out of town" moment that
will rear its ugly head for all Fictionmania fans, the jokes and
situations are more refreshing than I thought would be possible for
a director to show me, a lifelong TG fan.
In short, I agree with Raven, who called this the best TG movie
ever. It really is, hands down, and it's because you care what
happens to the characters even as they're facing the TG fantasies
so many of us share. The telegenic cast certainly helps, and so do
late plot twists too delicious for me to spoil here.
"Zerophilia" is coming soon to Los Angeles and Chicago, and
someday, of course, to DVD. See it as soon as you get the chance!
From: guest (argentino)
, 200 months, post #12 |
so...anyone saw the movie this weekend?|
, 199 months, post #13 |
Got a change to see the flick last night. Pretty cool. Had a nice
story, and really worked pretty well.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]