Seems to be a website for a convention of animal transformation fans. Looks interesting, haven't looked much into it though. Just happened to stumble across it.
, 156 months, post #1 |
Nice find, but this isn't a real convention. They never really hold
the convention. It's all just a mock up.|
To quote the front page:
"Disclaimer: This is humor. We don't really mean any of it. We are
using trademarks as satire. Don't get mad.. get glad. Don't sign up
for any of it. Don't send us your credit card info. See Contact for
more on what this is all about."
It might be a fake convention, but I still think it belongs in the
catalog. Some of the speakers they got listed are kind of funny, to
cite a few, Steven Spelberg, Bill Gates, and Al Gore ("Inventor of
From: guest (Lucky)
, 156 months, post #2 |
Ahhh, Well..... It was like 1 in the morning so I guess I wasn't
really reading it. Sorry for the confusion.|
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 156 months, post #3 |
President Gore (he WAS elected no matter what George's brother Jeb
Bush got the vote tally to read) never ever said he invented the
internet... that's an urban myth fueled by the Nazi, err, I mean
Neo-Con propaganda machine:|
That being said, I hope this means they will be refunding my
registration and vendor fees and my reservation at the Gothic
Hotel... and I was oh so looking forward to the keynote speech by
, 156 months, post #4 |
Hey, I love Al Gore. He is a great man and he cares about the world
and its enviroment (unlike other politicans). Besides Al Gore
thinks it funny that people credit him to the internet. It is just
like that so many people credit Chuck Norris for things. Al Gore is
the Chuck Norris of politics.|
And to quote something Al Gore DID say: "I HAVE RIDDEN THE
I would go to that convention but it's too far away.
From: guest (SealWyf)
, 156 months, post #5 |
We're delighted you all stumbled on our little wiki project. It was
created to lend verisimilitude to a storyline we're running on the
Ghostletters is a cooperative fiction email list. We have a number
of shapeshifting characters who will be attending MorphCon later
this month. We're always looking for more good roleplayers and
storytellers, in case you are interested.
From: guest (Merryheart)
, 156 months, post #6 |
Yes, as one of the creators of Morphcon I am glad some of you
figured out this is humor... including the line about Al Gore. To
quote, I hope, Foghorn Leghorn, "It's a joke, son!"|
And my thanks to Sealwyf.. for mentioning Ghostletters.. it is
about as transformative an experience as I have ever had! Imagine
for instance Peter Pan declining advice on puberty from a 16 year
old Irish sailor on a dragon ship. Or the Vice President of Hell
arranging magical powers for a supervillain. Or a 12 year old on a
moon of Saturn in the 16th century discussing hydroponic farming
practices with a mouthy know it all kid in 21st century Ithaca, NY.
Or perhaps more relevant to this group, a shapeshifter who is a
Seattle cop who becomes a lioness asking her friend at NVIS to help
a superheroine who does not know what her ppowers will be each day
to track a hacker who is using her computer to do evil deeds..
Now that's what I call transformation!
You can also check this URL about it.. http://www.ghostletters.net
- and it is all for fun.. no one pays for anything.
Lady Sekhmet - We won't be able to fund your bendor, registration
and hotel fees.. becuase we have no idea where you sent them. Maybe
that's what the hacker on Ghostletters was after. ;)
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 156 months, post #7 |
Nothing worse than spending imaginary money on an imaginary trip
only to find out it was all imaginary and that you won't even get
an imaginary refund.|
, 156 months, post #8 |
Lady s, if you need an imaginary friend you can take him:|
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 156 months, post #9 |
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]