Some new movie coming out about a girl who doesn't want to move away from her beach home. In the movie, she finds and saves a mermaid (who turns into human) and she is offered a wish. More information will come when the movie is released to theaters.
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 214 months, post #1 |
Looks interesting - nice "catch of the day" there Kitsune! The wish
at the end is a bit predictable but it looks like a fun movie
Oh to be 20 years younger, and a fish! :)
, 214 months, post #2 |
>>> "... and a fish!"
Well, that's a tail
I hadn't thought about you fitting into. :-P
, 214 months, post #3 |
>>> "Oh to be 20 years younger..."
Indeed! That would put me nearly where I want to be... again. :-)
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 214 months, post #4 |
Actually, that was just a play on words from the line in the movie
"Airplane!" where Lloyd Bridges comments "What I wouldn't give to
be 20 years younger... and a woman!"|
From: guest (Ed)
, 214 months, post #5 |
I love that movie|
, 214 months, post #6 |
Go figure... I can't believe I missed that one... Doh!|
From: guest (seeker)
, 214 months, post #7 |
The movie is based on the book of the same name written by Alice
Hoffman and published by Scholastic. After watching the trailor the
movie does seem to follow the general plotline of the book. The
book itself is short 92 pages and really big type, and at no point
in the book does the mermaid become human. In my opinion the book
was exceptionally bad. Not sure if any of you have read it though.
It might be something to look into. The movie will probably be a
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 214 months, post #8 |
Perhaps if you were 20 years younger, and a girl, you might have
enjoyed the book more :) The trailer doesn't exactly look like it's
a "guy flick". Nothing explodes.|
, 214 months, post #9 |
Nothing explodes!... geez... I think I'll pass... unlesss I
magically become a girl, and 20 years younger.|
, 214 months, post #10 |
On second thought... now that I've seen the trailer... How could I
resist seeing this with such finely named gadgets. :-)|
Or maybe I'm just turning into a teenaged girl. :-P
From: guest (seeker)
, 214 months, post #11 |
Very true. The movie is certainly not a guy fluck, but nothing has
to explode for a movie to be decent. Im just judging the movie
based on my impressions of the book. Allthough that may not be the
most fair thing to do but it does stand that in most cases movies
based on books do tend to be worse than te books themselves. The
director Im sure though has taken alot of cretive license as there
is not enough content in the book to make a feature length film,
and judging by the trailor Im positive that they have. It might be
good it might be bad who knows. It all depends on how they adapted
the material. As for being 20 years younger you grossly over
estimate my age no offence of course. If I were twenty years
younger I wouldn't exist any more.|
From: guest (Anonymos)
, 214 months, post #12 |
Is this called "Aquamarine" because Disney already used the title
From: DB Cooper
, 214 months, post #13 |
'Twenty years youngs...and a woman' is actually Lloyd Bridges line
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 214 months, post #14 |
Ok, perhaps I am stereotyping a bit. But it seems to me that a "man
show" usually has some kind of gratuitous sex or violence in it -
with people getting karate chopped or things blowing up. I'm not
saying a man can't enjoy a movie with some depth to it, I'm just
saying they usually have to be dragged kicking and screaming to
"Splash" is one of my favorite movies! If the trailer is any
indication, Aquamarine won't come anywhere near it...
"Hotshots"? Wow, I don't even remember having seen that movie :) At
least I got the Lloyd Bridges part right DB :)
, 214 months, post #15 |
"Ah, to be young... and a robot."
~Professor Hubert Farnsworth from Futurama
, 214 months, post #16 |
>>> "... is actually Lloyd Bridges line in 'Hotshots.'"
Oh, I remember it now! :-) For a while, I thought my memory was
>>> "... they usually have to be dragged kicking and screaming to
That's just a facade... every man wants to appear resistant and
averse to "chick flick" type movies - lest he be though weak or
soft. But secretly, most men are really touched by the story and
want to find love like that.. Or so I heard. :-P
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]