Fox in the Mirrior
A somber and kind of depressing hand drawn flash movie. Beautifully done by any standards. In it the vixen shifts back and forth from animal form to furry form.
It teaches a lesson about facing the person in the mirror, which is one of the hardest things to do sometimes.
From: guest (j)
, 221 months, post #1
To be honest, it doesn�t shift back and forth at all, and there is
no transformation. It�s really beautifully done but it doesn�t
belong in this database.
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 221 months, post #2
I completely disagree - there is an obvious transformation from fox
to biped and back again. The changes seem to reflect the level of
thought involved at the time. Simple acts are performed as a fox,
but thoughtful acts are performed as a furry.
From: guest (uri)
, 221 months, post #3
I am with j - i am not seeing a transformation. the character
sometimes goes on two feet, sometimes on all fours, but s/he always
has hands, and s/he always has the same general body shape.
the appearance/disappearance of the pupils is suggestive of a
change in intelligence, but it does not correlate to a change from
bipedal to quadruped posture.
and what is a "mirrior"
the animator can draw pretty well, and this is a nice portfolio
piece, but it isn't a finished idea and it just an anthropomorphic
furry, not a TF piece.
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 221 months, post #4
I can respect your take on this but I would again disagree. Perhaps
because this is an artistic piece and because it is furry rather
than TG it may require the viewpoint of someone who has a deeper
appreciation for furry art to see the metamorphosis which the vixen
undergoes. I honestly believe there is an intentional
transformation going on here based on what she is facing and how
she is facing it.
For example, when she is pursuing the butterfly (which the artist
uses to symbolize her dreams) the vixen is clearly fox-like:
However, when she must face her fears and indeed herself she takes
on a much more human (or anthro) appearance:
And when her fears turn to rage she returns to her animal form once
To me this is absolutely a transformation, and in fact is the only
kind of REAL transformation that is available to any of us - one of
personal growth by confronting our fears and thru understanding
, 221 months, post #5
<quote>>>> [i]"... because it is furry rather than TG it may
require the viewpoint of someone who has a deeper appreciation for
furry art to see the metamorphosis..."[/i]</quote>
It shouldn't. either that or I've deeper appreciation for furry TF
than I thought.
Like Lady Sekhmet, I too, saw the anthro TF go back and forth a few
times - just like she described.
Add a New Message to This Thread
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]