, 2 months, post #221 |
What are the timestamps of the women he's becoming? I'm not
, 2 months, post #222 |
- 221 idk
1998 - STS-95?
1961 - egypt
1692 - Salem Witch Trials
From: guest (5 2 5 0)
, 2 months, post #223 |
I still couldn't tell if in the first trailer from season 1 where
Ben leaps into a rockstar from 1986 in a red bandana is a female or
From: guest (222)
, 2 months, post #224 |
5 2 5 0|
I think it's a woman
Some Leapee who did not appear in the first season (from trailer)
01:23: rock star
01:51: some war
And i found this.
Please be careful.
From: guest (4 2 8 6)
, 2 months, post #225 |
I'm assuming Al Place has spoilers here and there.|
From: guest (Noisy)
, 2 months, post #226 |
I wait there is someone who makes a video compilation of that.|
From: guest (Spyeye)
, 2 months, post #227 |
From: guest (Noisy)
, 2 months, post #228 |
From: guest (5 3 2 5)
, 1 months, post #229 |
Am I the only one who feels that the old Quantum Leap (as of which
can never be topped by the way) was about the stories and the
journey while the reboot is about drama and trying to capitalize on
nostalgia by a bunch of writers that have no idea how to tell a
story and just want to get paid?|
From: guest (Also Interested)
, 1 months, post #230 |
That's a little dramatic in and of itself. The premise is still
there, "putting right what once went wrong," but the stories of the
leap are resolved quicker and take less adjustment to the new leap.
You can probably admit there were more times where it was just
talking or going through the motions than action. The reboot builds
a little more action on the modern/project side, trying to research
and find out answers to help the leaper, and, yes, other drama as
well. Like government involvement shutting down the project, what
happens to leapees who experience a loss of time, etc. I think it's
a good balance that admittedly took some getting used to, but it's
still a good show.|
From: Holly Dunn
, 1 months, post #231 |
It is a different show. The old show focused on righting the wrongs
of social injustice. The new show takes the point of view that
everyone is empowered, even in the past when they were not
empowered. It is redefining the past with the values of this
, 1 months, post #232 |
The new show has writing that resembles a third grader's. An AI
could do a much better job than the nepotism crowd that is writing
, 1 months, post #233 |
The new version goes out of its way to ignore the differences
between races, gender and class struggles. I'm not sure it helps
the situation. The new show comes from the point of view that none
of these things have ever been an issue. I understand why they're
doing it, they want to normalize equality. But I feel they're
ignoring the issues of the past.|
, 1 months, post #234 |
I don't think they're trying to normalize equality. They're dancing
around the cultural sensitivities of modern American audiences.
Imagine trying to write a show where the leaper can be literally
anyone in any time period without doing anything to be accused by
the misinformed of promoting Critical Race Theory or the woke
mindset that would get them canceled, literally. I'm not trying to
bring politics into it, just pointing out that unlike the original
show they can't have a point of view since it's sadly not
acceptable in today's world. They have to keep the situations
generic no matter who Ben leaps into. That's why it will never be
satisfying to people who are interested for the TG aspect. They
downplay Ben being in a different body, barely showing the person's
reflection and having the clothing be as gender neutral as
possible, usually some kind of uniform.|
From: guest (7 3 0 1)
, 1 months, post #235 |
BTW, is it just me or has anyone else notice that when Ben leaps
into female bodies, it looks like he never wears any makeup (i.e.
lipstick, eye shadow, eyeliner, nail polish etc.) at all? Now don't
get me wrong here folks, like Sam, he wears feminine clothing as
well. But it never "enhances" the experience.|
Oh, and post #232, I agree with you on that aspect.
, 2 days, post #236 |
trailer for recent episode where ben leaps into a woman accused of
being a witch during the Salem Witch Trials
, 2 days, post #237 |
I think this episode was the first time a leaper has been a female
and we don't see any images of his host.|
, 2 days, post #238 |
The show would actually be worthwhile if we saw the host bodies
like half the time|
From: guest (1 9 0 6)
, 12 hours, post #239 |
I though A Decent Proposal was the first episode where Ben leaps
into a female body. And I'm not sure in the past The Salem Witch
Trails have any mirrors so Ben could quite possibly be screwed
From: guest (Noisy)
, 8 hours, post #240 |
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]