From: guest (Curious)
, 6 days, post #1 |
From: guest (Kara)
, 6 days, post #2 |
R..i.P. Dean Stockwell.
From: guest (8 7 6 4)
, 4 days, post #3 |
Again, I fear that we're going to get a "wokified" reboot from
Hollyweird with two female leads starring instead of two male leads
plus this probably is going to the diverse route and the leaper
will probably just leap into her time periods between the 80's to
the 90's this time around.|
Also I agree with Stockwell's death Kara, R.I.P.
, 4 days, post #4 |
My last comment got deleted probably because I said you were
fragile for thinking a woman makes it woke so I’ll put it another
way: you have no idea what the story context would be but if a
woman is a main character, it’s too wokified? What is the necessity
to contrive the creative process of having the story focus solely
on a male character? What if the character is black or Hispanic?
Would that make it too woke?|
, 4 days, post #5 |
I would prefer a male lead. Scott Bakula was cute in a dress.|
, 4 days, post #6 |
I would also prefer a male lead but not because I think a woman
lead would make it “wokeified”.|
From: guest (9 7 2 2)
, 4 days, post #7 |
I'm sorry folks, I'm not trying to be controversial here and I
really don't care about gender specifically but we are living in a
#metoo and diverse world of TV & film so it has to be catered
towards females (more specifically feminist females) or other
And I really don't think neither Bakula & Stockwell (although truly
beloved and well remembered) will be reprising their roles this
time so don't be surprised. Sure their will be references to them
in the remake, but star wise I don't think that's gonna happen.
, 4 days, post #8 |
Stockwell, sadly, will definitely not be able to reprise his role.
It sounds like the show is about a group of people unconnected to
Sam Beckett trying to replicate his work, so I don't expect Scott
Bakula to be a regular on the show (especially since, according to
the end of the original series, he never stopped leaping). I could
see him appearing in a few episodes, though.|
My preference is probably for a male lead, but solely for the TG
aspects; I prefer MtF content. Even putting "wokeness" aside,
though, I think it makes more since to have a female lead,. though,
just because that allows them to tell different stories than the
original series told. That's always a positive, right?
Actually, the ideal might be to have a pair of leapers, one man and
one woman. It would help set the show apart from the original
series and open up a lot of new avenues for storylines.
, 4 days, post #9 |
If there is a pair of leapers I would prefer one of each gender
just so they can't try to cover every possible out came in their
leaps to further highlight different struggles they have to over
come each time with different perspectives.|
From: guest (Also Interested)
, 1 day, post #10 |
I don't think having a female lead makes it too woke, but that
seems such an odd complaint about a show that was pretty woke in
I have a sequel in my head (not written out because I haven't
really entertained me being a writer) that has one male lead stuck
in one leap and a female lead trying to find him. So we see her in
the leap of the week and him, slowly losing himself in a single
leap, over the season.
From: guest (Tards)
, 1 day, post #11 |
Here we go again with the "woke" word. Whoever gave another meaning
to it dropped all his screws in his head. And whoever keeps saying
it are retarded biologically, meaning up from your ancestor.|
From: guest (Kanati)
, 1 day, post #12 |
It's not about whether the lead(s) are female or not. It's whether
the writers are using the series to push an agenda and beat the
viewers over the head with it. As an example of a fantastic gender
swapped character on a show, you can look at Higgins on the Magnum
P.I. reboot. I consider that one of the best episodic shows on TV
currently. And while I hate to say it, I think I like it more than
the original and I was a HUGE Magnum/Tom Selleck fan. It's just a
well written show that doesn't pander to a certain demographic and
try to shove politics down the viewers' throats. As a POORLY
written show that does exactly that... Look no further than the new
So I will reserve judgement no matter who is cast until I see the
show. It's not about the cast, it's about the writing.
, 17 hours, post #13 |
They're never gonna do it, but I think it would've been cool if the
main character was played by a different actor every episode. But,
I'm just not a fan of the whole "only the other characters see him
as someone else" style.|
From: guest (kltpxyzm)
, 14 hours, post #14 |
Thanks for saying that Lyndee. Looks like these folks never watched
post#14 I agree with you. And that was the producers' idea for the
original series. It would be great if they used it in this sequel.
, 10 hours, post #15 |
The original comment someone made got deleted for some reason…but
yeah being “woke” is an odd thing to complain about when the tv
show regularly dealt with racism against black people, sexism
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]