, 26 days, post #1 |
Scott Bakula mentioned a possible reboot in the works|
From: guest (Guest)
, 25 days, post #2 |
I’m surprised this show hasn’t been rebooted more often. Great
, 25 days, post #3 |
Too bad the last episode ended on a cliffhanger.|
From: guest (Way Yellow)
, 23 days, post #4 |
The last episode did not end on a cliffhanger. I think it has one
of the most fulfilling and honest endings of any show out there.
It's not necessarily a happy ending, but a happy ending also isn't
something that's real.|
From: guest (6 9 0 9)
, 6 days, post #5 |
With the way Hollywoke is now, I'm afraid we're gonna get a
half-assed, gender-swapped version where Sam and Al are now
Samantha and Alice leaping that are based on current events
probably just between the 1970s and now since nothing would be
believable or accurate in order to appease Twitteratti and the CCP
let alone it can also go into diverse mode as well since neither
Bakula and Stockwell won't be near a 10 foot pole into reprising
the roles that made them famous due to the color of their skin
(a.k.a. their white). Also if Samantha does leap into the bodies of
men in future episodes would she be disgusted by it or will she
just roll with the punch like her male counterpart?|
From: guest (lmao)
, 6 days, post #6 |
post #5 good.|
From: guest (3 7 2 6)
, 6 days, post #7 |
So guest (lmao) your not bothered nor disturbed about this having
become either "woke" or "diverse" at all, although the
gender-swapped idea wouldn't be considered as a bad idea?|
But if they wanted to do a "gender-swapped" reboot of the show then
why not make Sammy Jo Fuller as the leaper this time around while
her father Sam Beckett acts as the "Al Calavicci" to her?
, 6 days, post #8 |
I always thought the obvious way to go with this was to send Sam's
daughter after him since he never came home. So yes it would be
gender swapped, since we already had several seasons of a male
leaper, you go with a female to make it different.|
, 6 days, post #9 |
It’s not like the idea of quantum leaping is tied to one specific
person. I get the argument against James Bond being a woman, but
the act of quantum leaping is an more of a story tool to drive the
plot. Making it about someone else other than Sam is more than
plausible and being afraid to make changes because you’re scared
something is too “woke” is kind of sad.|
, 5 days, post #10 |
I'd like it if they used a different actor for each new body.|
From: guest (3 3 1 8)
, 4 days, post #11 |
Don't forget guest, that we also had the argument of the next James
Bond being "African-American" as well.|
But also would the "evil leapers" be just only women or people of
color as well in order to please different ethnic groups.
, 4 days, post #12 |
If the inclusion of people of color is considered “woke” to you,
then that says more a lot about you to be honest.|
From: guest (Its Amy Mario)
, 4 days, post #13 |
What’s with the War on Woke? Why is it here? I mean grow up, we
live in a multicultural, multi gender, multi sexual, multicolored
world. People act like every show should be two white blokes
wandering around kicking the spit out of people.|
Times have changed, there will be less of that, and more diverse
shows, some shows will be original, others will be adaptations of
old shows, some will keep the same genders, race, sexuality,
ability of the original show others will just use the premise and
It’s the future I’m afraid to say, and as much as men may not like
it we are the minority, if all women suddenly start watching sci fi
then sci go shows will be made for women, there are more black and
Asian people in the world, if they start watching sci go shows then
all sci go shows will start starting black and Asian people. It has
always been about $$$. So the more markets open up to tv and movie
produces the more shows will change to reflect the majority of
viewers and who buys the merch.
So get angry if you like, but being angry that you are in the
minority (globally) is pointless and will only ruin your own life.
From: guest (6 0 9 0)
, 2 days, post #14 |
I agree with the times have changed thing, but I still don't think
Bakula and Stockwell won't be starring in the reboot if that ever
happens, cameo appearances sure but starring in it not so much.|
After all, this is the 21st century and having tv shows, movies
etc. starring only the white minority just won't cut it anymore.
, 2 days, post #15 |
It must be a really difficult time for you seeing minorities in
your favorite science fiction tv show about time travel that is not
, 2 days, post #16 |
It's time to stop watching TV and start exploiting the masses who
do. TV was always a waste of time while others accrued money and
power. Now it's time let a new generation waste their lives away
with fleeting moments of addictive entertainment. The quality of
the entertainment produced these days is substandard anyway. Our
standards shouldn't allow us to waste time on re-hashed ideas made
to appeal to an ever increasing base of people focused on
attributing their lack of success to their physical traits.|
From: guest (3 2 8 9)
, 16 hours, post #17 |
Like going out more but without the use of their smartphones.|
, 6 hours, post #18 |
Shame Quantum Leap only did an animal swap once.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]