From: guest (The Hopper)
, 7 months, post #41 |
@thecritic I agree. Once you know there was the body swap going
back and rewatching the sex scene in season 1 is wayyyy better|
From: guest (SPL1)
, 7 months, post #42 |
This kinds of reminds me of the movie skeleton key, I have now
watched Episode 1 and 2 and knowing the ending makes it more
interesting. Watching Adele walk around in Louise flat with a
sinister smile on her face makes me wonder if she/he planned this
from day one. very good series.|
From: guest (Siren Tales Productions fan)
, 7 months, post #43 |
Completely garbage. Nothing special. Wasting time. Even that ~20
mins of the last episode. 😝|
From: guest (Magpie)
, 7 months, post #44 |
I liked it. The world is in need of more bodyswap stories with good
production. One thing I would have liked is that Adele loses her
accent (it should become Scottish) when she gets angry. I would
also have liked Louise having a Scottish accent at the end.|
PS. I have been trying to have an out of body experience (and more)
just like in this series ever since I was a child. Only have ever
managed to have sleep paralysis and auditory hallucinations. Has
anyone here ever had a successful out of body exp.?
From: guest (Gnosis)
, 7 months, post #45 |
My complaint is that there is no trace of the old Rob at all once
he gets in Adele's body. You can say he's acting, or even that the
series needed to maintain the suspense before the revelation. But
even in the last episode, where "Adele" had plenty of unhinged
moments, she's still acting more like Adele than Rob. Or maybe it's
the other way round—the series should give us more sides of Rob,
more than the cheeky, world hating junkie he is. More scenes of
Rob's insanity perhaps, or violent tendencies, or possessiveness...
Any of those would have helped the final twist to register. Even in
that final flashback scene when Rob steals Adele's body, the moment
he enters Adele he starts acting in a posh, polished lady manner,
which... makes no sense, and creates a sense of disconnect and
Still enjoyed the show though, all things considered. Simona Brown
was terrific in the scenes when "Adele" takes over.
From: guest (The Critic)
, 7 months, post #46 |
, 7 months, post #47 |
Gnosis: Great points too, but yeah maintaining the suspense was
well worth it to provide the shock factor. We did see some of Rob's
traits within Adele as the counting the fingers, the heroin
addiction (injecting), and his so called for David.|
, 7 months, post #48 |
and his so called love for David.|
, 7 months, post #49 |
What if Rob's behaviour traits fused with Adele's and created a
slightly different personality traits, if you think about it, it's
not as simple as putting person A in body B, and it's a simple
process, it's not, such a complex thing, and this is where we can
let our imaginations flow and this is part of the fun for this
From: guest (The hopper)
, 7 months, post #50 |
Eve Hewson (plays Adele) is growing on me as a major hottie.
Watching that doggy style scene knowing it’s actually rob inside
her body was pretty good|
From: guest (adele)
, 7 months, post #51 |
while i also which there were more rob traits shown through you
have to remember that he's been in her body for at least 10 years
now and has probably gotten used to living in her skin.|
From: guest (Magpie)
, 7 months, post #52 |
@Gnosis That's what I was referring to with the accent change. I
agree there should have been a bit more change in mannerism
overall, especially when everybody in the room knows who he/she is,
like the first scene when becoming Louise. I really don't
understand why actors don't like to have more fun acting as other
people? Why give Rob a thick accent if it's not going to be a tool
in creating a more believable body swap?|
@Casey I don't like to think that too many of Adele's traits merged
with Rob because that sends me on a philosophical spiral of finally
thinking they are just both crazy and the body-swap was more
placebo, and that there was no real magic...
What is a person if not his thoughts and learned behavior? Why
would I want to swap with somebody if I remember being them my
whole life and instantly having all their mannerisms and habits?
That would make the memory of being me more unreal than being
sombody else. Finally it would defeat the point of me wanting to be
somebody else because this new person doesn't want to become
somebody else and is the same body as it was... sorry I just went
on a ramble :D really sorry everybody, I needed to try to explain
it to myself.
, 7 months, post #53 |
@Magpie - That philosophical spiral of thinking... that was deep.
While I'd love to be able to pass as someone by having access to
their memories if swapped (man are the ethics of swaps ever
questionable), you absolutely make some great points.|
From: guest (Stag)
, 6 months, post #54 |
I think the audio book is worth a listen, at the very least for the
last chapter to get a little more "Inside voice" from Rob that the
netflix show didn't really explain. The link below starts for the
that final chapter.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]