, 164 months, post #1 |
The Title of the book is Gender Blender by the Author Blake Nelson.|
From the Cover:
Wants Jeff Matthews to notice her.
Hates sexist boys.
Wonders when she�ll get her period.
Must avoid looking like a wuss.
Must deal with his blended family.
Must get a chance with Kelly A.
Then something freaky happens: Emma and Tom switch bodies. And
until they can find a remedy:
Can�t believe she has a . . . thingie.
Hates mean girls.
Finds out secondhand that her period has arrived.
Must learn to put on a bra.
Must deal with an overachieving family.
Must not be alone with Jeff Matthews.
When the students in health class at George Wilson Middle School
are assigned girl/boy partners to discuss gender issues, no one
could imagine that two students would actually switch bodies.
This book is due to ship in March of 2006 and seems to be for young
readers, so it will not likely focus on some of the more adult
From: guest (uri)
, 157 months, post #2 |
Finally -- a script to create Fictionmania "Oh my gosh, I'm a a
girl!" stories -- complete with misspelled words and misused
idioms. Think of the time this will save!|
"It�s the biggest Curling playoff of the year. Everyone at school
will be there and you want to make sure you get there early for the
perfect seats. You are about to leave your room, until you notice
your reflection in the full-length mirror. Frantically, you run
towards the mirror. You are trapped in a girls�s body � not to
mention Yuki's body. You oogle over your new body and strike a pose
in the mirror. Boy, are you Glossy. Then you think about Gong Li.
Does this mean you can no longer dream about touching Gong Li's
Uvula ? This gender switch might be more difficult than you
, 157 months, post #3 |
This is aimed at the youth market? Am I the only one freaked out by
From: guest (eh question mark)
, 157 months, post #4 |
Man, I should go down to the Barnes and Noble tomorrow and skim
this thing. It's supposed to be for middle school kids, and man,
what are those kids reading these days.|
, 157 months, post #5 |
by saying "young readers" I'm willing to bet its the 12-15 year
What better time to show the differences between boys and girls to
an impressionable mind! A story like that might actually teach
empathy and understanding of the other sex!
From: guest (ethanrom)
, 157 months, post #6 |
It's actually getting some very good reviews from educators.|
From: DB Cooper
, 157 months, post #7 |
I'd rather kids read this than that Goosebumps crap. I'm a middle
school librarian and I think I'm going to order this.|
From: DB Cooper
, 157 months, post #8 |
Oh, and if you want a young adult novel about a teenage
transsexual, try 'Luna' by Julie Ann Peters.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]