, 8 months, post #1 |
In the last couple days, I got an idea for a
multiple-transformation novella. I've already roughed-out most of
the character transformations, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to
ask here for possibly (likely) better ideas.|
So, if you could take memorable male characters from television and
movies, and then recast them as women, which ones would you pick?
I'm primarily looking for characters from action, scifi, fantasy,
horror and not the more "passive" Oscar-bait and prestige roles;
villains and heroes are equally valid, and the character doesn't
have to be human. I'm not looking to explore the politics of
recasting, just treating it as if The Creature from The Black
Lagoon, Indy Jones, Mister Hyde, Batman, etc. always were women.
(Ignoring for right now that some of these characters already have
female versions and analogues.)
Heck, are their already existing female characters that you'd
remake/change/tweak to make them better or more memorable than they
, 8 months, post #2 |
A lot of superheroes have been recast as female lately. I'd be
curious which of those you've seen and like, Sneech.|
Anyway, to your question: I think a hot, obnoxious Starlord would
Also, (this is cheating since it's already a character but one
that's a female version with a different personality), but I'd like
to see the humorous She-Hulk who breaks the fourth wall and makes
pop cultural references constantly.
Also, if Superman got zapped into a female in front of Lois Lane
and it were just awkward and embarrassing.
, 8 months, post #3 |
I think recast was probably my wrong choice of words. Fan
communities will often draw up and discuss/argue over how they
themselves would cast real-life adaptations of their beloved
mangas, anime, comic books, and novels. I meant recast in a similar
sense, only who would we (re)cast with women in previously male
roles if we could remake some of our favorite films and TV shows?
Because a) I like women characters more than men, and b)
unfortunately too many women characters aren't active but passive
Like, she'd never do it in a million years, but what would Tropic Thunder
be like if RDJ's Kirk Lazarus/Lincoln Osiris was instead recast as
a woman played by someone like Emily Blunt? Same no-holds-barred
comedic, often offensive, humor as RDJ did it, likely with the
added bonus of lampshading the anachronism of a woman in front-line
combat in Vietnam. I like RDJ and I think he was great in the role,
but how would Blunt take it over-the-top funny?
Or what would The Shadow
(1994) be like if Baldwin's Lamont Cranston/The Shadow was instead
recast as a woman played by someone like Aisha Tyler? Or Jennifer
Connelly? It probably wouldn't fix any of the numerous things wrong
with the movie, but I'd damn sure enjoy watching Tyler or Connelly
in the role over Baldwin, with the added bonus of female Cranston
flirting onscreen with Penelope Ann Miller.
I ask because while I was musing such things, I got an idea for a
story about transformations into different female screen roles.
Because regardless of where readers (or I) may be aligned on social
issues (which definitely isn't
what the story is about), I think it could be fun and sexy to
imagine transforming into & spending time as characters played by
talented (and yes, sexy) actresses.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]