From: guest (Unlucky)
, 1 months, post #1 |
As I know many of you uses it... Beware!|
Writing.Com values your membership and business and respects the
privacy of your information, which is why, as a precautionary
measure, we are writing to let you know about a data security
incident that may have involved your personal information. Based on
reports we have received over the last 48 hours and the information
available to us, we believe an attack may have happened prior to
June 2019. The data accessed may have included personal information
such as your name, email address, and unencrypted Writing.Com
password. As Writing.Com uses third party providers for payment
processing, we do not have access to or store any credit card or
other financial information and the data accessed could not have
included any such information.
STEPS YOU CAN TAKE TO FURTHER PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Change your Writing.Com password. Log in at Writing.Com, click "My
Account" in the left column, then "Change Password". If you've used
this same password anywhere else, log in to those places and change
your password there, as well. As always, people should use unique
passwords for each website they access. Changing your Writing.Com
password now should ensure no one has further access to your
Writing.Com account; that's good practice to use in general, all
the time, anywhere on the internet.
Writing.Com values your privacy and deeply regrets that this
incident may have occurred. I take this very seriously. Over the
last few months, our entire infrastructure has changed
significantly for the better. I have been working diligently to
make upgrades and changes to Writing.Com's servers and the security
systems we use throughout our network. As part of the changes and
updates that have been made since May of this year, unencrypted
passwords are no longer stored within Writing.Com's system. As
such, I do not believe this is a "current" issue, but one that had
already occurred prior to the security changes that are now in
I am continuing to conduct a thorough review of the potentially
affected systems, and will notify our members if there are any
further significant developments. Writing.Com has implemented a
complete overhaul and numerous additional security measures
designed to prevent a recurrence of such an attack, and to protect
the privacy of our valued members. Writing.Com is our life and our
members are like family to us. My wife and I are always working to
be sure it's a safe and secure environment for our community. As a
sole proprietor, I always do all that I can to stay on top of
security issues and I sincerely apologize for any past issue, which
may have allowed an attack to occur. Know that I am doing
everything I can to keep all accounts as safe as possible.
For further information or assistance, please email us at
The StoryMaster @ Writing.Com
, 1 months, post #2 |
What the hell is a website that takes money as part of it's
business model having ANY unencrypted passwords in it's database?!|
, 1 months, post #3 |
Just burn that website to the ground already jesus christ|
From: guest (Tights)
, 1 months, post #4 |
"our entire infrastructure has changed significantly for the
• Putting restrictions that make virtually impossible to people to
read/write interactive stories such as "Due to resource
limitations, Interactive Stories are temporarily unavailable..."
• Countless stories summarily deleted throughout all the site
existence because the owner is a fucking bastard moneygrabber too
fucking cheap (I mean, for god's sake, text is not expensive to
storage, especially in 2019)
• Can't even encrypt their users password
• Has the nerves of saying "we are changing for better"
, 1 months, post #5 |
Thank god I changed my passwords but still this is scary. Not even
ihavebeenpwned reported this. You gotta be careful.|
, 5 days, post #6 |
Gonna confirm this shit has happened. I've started regularly
getting mails, "I have recorded you with a RAT" type emails using
the unique password that i had on writing.com only.|
So thanks for that incompetence, you did have a data breach and it
is in the wild. And you expect us to give you money for
subscription services when you people use plain text for passwords?
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]