, 5 months, post #1 |
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who helped me out on
clearing my issues with my flagged YouTube videos. Managed to clear
14 our of the 18 videos (it was 17, but one more dropped in after
I'm very grateful, so THANK YOU everyone! You're all awesome! :)
From: guest (667)
, 5 months, post #2 |
Great to hear!!!|
, 5 months, post #3 |
From: guest (Bud)
, 5 months, post #4 |
Good job and good luck. Still sad that you have to do this.|
From: guest (Bud)
, 5 months, post #5 |
Good job and good luck. Still sad that you have to do this.|
, 5 months, post #6 |
Bud: Yeah, it stinks, but at least we got a lot of it done. It's
just frustrating that YouTube seems to be picking on it's medium to
smaller content creators this way.
, 5 months, post #7 |
I honestly believe that Youtube's intentionally trying to drive
content creators off of the site entirely. With cable dying out and
all of these media companies hesitant to offer streaming services
you're seeing online companies compete to offer spaces for them in
the hopes of bringing in big bucks from them. Google quite clearly
no longer sees Youtube as a place for content creators or for
people to upload dumb videos but as a platform for the same media
conglomerates who have been controlling everything since the dawn
of broadcast media shoving the same crap down your throat that
drove you away from TV and to places like Youtube in the first
It's not even the small content creators that get it, it's the
large ones too. Remember all the anti-Pewdiepie articles in places
like the Wall Street Journal like a year back? They were pretty
obvious hit pieces being run on behalf of the media companies
feeling threatened that they were losing out to someone like that
and because Youtube sees more money in partnering with large media
companies, content creators that don't play ball are going to get
screwed over. The smaller ones will just be hit harder, like
always, because they lack the reach the larger ones have.
Just "creating a new Youtube" is nearly impossible as well. The
infrastructure isn't really in place and Youtube is a constant
money loser due to upkeep costs so you'd have to have people with
infinite money backing it.
, 5 months, post #8 |
Rugal: Yeah, I've been with YouTube for over 10 years now and seen
a several shifts in the way the treat their content creators. Seven
or so years ago, I was invited to a number of YouTube seminars,
about how to increase your channel and 'build you brand'. They have
people meet at a fancy hotel and give us pretty decent snacks,
while they told us that we should put out a video every few days or
once a week, and they should be about 2 to 3 minutes long, but no
longer than that. Then there was a shift, to where they tried to
make content creators more 'professional' with things like YouTube
Space LA, where they gave classes, and tried to get people to meet
up and work together. Problem with that was you'd get such a wide
range of YouTube people showing up to these events, so I'd talk to
people who did 'how to fix a car' video, or someone who did cat
videos, or someone who did skateboarding videos, but it was nearly
impossible to find anyone to really collaborate with and YouTube
didn't have any way to help with that, so it was kind of a big
waste of time. So now they seem to have shifted again to big
cooperations, who don't really need YouTube resources, just their
platform to show their material. So YouTube has shifted from short
2 to 3 minute videos, to making videos as long as possible, which
is what the networks are already doing.|
Anyway, I'm just rambling now, but I do agree that YouTube is
making it harder and harder for existing contributors and probably
much more difficult for new people to even build an audience.
Interesting topic, but I don't know what we can do about it.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]