From: guest (Gypsy)
, 13 months, post #1 |
so in my stories about a potion mix up where men trying to get a
larger organ get turned into women, while writing it I was
thinking... how would the family react?|
recently I reread the story about Erica and I was thinking- "did I
get it right?"
then it occurred to me, how would people react in the real world.
Magic is unknown, body swapping or transformation is not something
that happens, yet this beautiful woman knows so much about my
husband or my son or my Dad, how can it not be this person I love?
I mean, seriously, you are transformed or body swapped, you have no
where familiar to go, you can't fake being someone that you don't
know? So it's either live on the streets or....
So my question, how would your family react? How would you convince
them? Would they call the authorities and get you taken away? Would
they accept you?
From: guest (Saint)
, 13 months, post #2 |
I hate those scenes where the newly transformed is trying to
convince but my favorite example is in BIG when Tom Hanks just
starts singing a song only he and his friend knew. Not sure if I
have something like that. Also, “as you wish” Friday m Princess
Bride and “ditto” from Ghost are simple, short and effective ways
where a character convinces someone about their identity.|
, 13 months, post #3 |
, 4 months, post #4 |
Whenever i see this kind of scene i always find it weird and
convenient that the transformee immediately has some definitive
proof. Like he/she knows something nobody else would.|
Maybe it's just my experience, but i think i'd have a hard time
convincig anyone i'm the real me.
There was a fantastic german comic i read years ago (i sadly forgot
the name) that dealt with the realistic ramifications of such
scenario. The transformee had no family, and couldn't fully
convince his/her friends, later he/she had to deal with the police,
etc. Excellent read, it had an english translation too, i wish i
knew what it was called.
From: guest (Jill)
, 4 months, post #5 |
I could fake being someone I didn't know if I was swapped into a
woman. First thing find the purse and go through it, so much
valuable information. Husband walks into the room just say I'm
cleaning out my purse I can't find anything in here. After the
purse is gone through I'd start going through the closet and
drawers pretending like I'm organizing and getting rid of some
things which I would just for show looking for information and such
that is stored away. Husband would come in and I would be like I'm
just in such a spring cleaning mood, if there was something I
forgot he'd then remind me thinking his wife just forgot, like
aren't we going for dinner or going shopping or we have to be by
the Johnson's at 7. I'd just smile and say I forgot or I know I'll
be ready etc.|
From: DB Cooper
, 4 months, post #6 |
Keep in mind that now we're in the digital age, you could prepare
your family. Assuming this was a transformation and not a swap,
you'd still have your phone. You could text everyone, using
information that only you would know to prepare everyone. It might
take some convincing, but if they expect a strange woman to be in
the house when they come home, you'd have time to explain things
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]