, 22 months, post #201 |
Someone intentionally stirring up a shitstorm on a separate site
and having their post he removed is not deplatforming, doxxing, or
, 22 months, post #202 |
Using the term "cis" or criticizing someone for using language they
see as transphobic is also not deplatforming, doxxing, or
, 22 months, post #203 |
Personally, if I ask someone not to use 'cis' when referring to me
and they continue to do so, I would consider that harassment.|
From: guest (bob2006)
, 22 months, post #204 |
Ive watched Twitter, Youtube, Reddit, Facebook, and Twitch all
allow left wing ideologues to dox, harass, abuse, and threaten
critics of LGBT organizations and individuals. You are literally
not allowed to discuss, critique, or fact-check many of the
positions or prominent figures or risk being perma-banned, Doxxed,
or threatened by thuggish keyboard warriors.|
It has never been about deciding a non-trans word like cis to be
used to label people, but the way it is used to describe. Outside
of an academic context, it is used almost exclusively as a
pejorative label, examples can be pulled from nearly any website
And if that were the only thing, of course this would be silly and
a non-issue. But it isnt. The sacred cow of the left, their
unwitting LGBT puppets online, have poisoned every issue, every
discourse by making all the conversations about themselves and
creating a "for us or transphobe" atmosphere in any discussion on
the matter. Look at Canada and how they decided to legislate
against critics of LGBT and now its a crime to simply mis-gender a
person. Or the recent example of gay men being labeled as
Transphobic for the "rime" of wanting to date other gay men and not
Either way, this thread is definitely not appropriate for a site
like this and I apologize for my involvement and bear no ill-will
to anyone who I have disagreed with. You're all fine people and I
hope this thread can resolve amicably.
, 22 months, post #205 |
So, it comes down to what many have said... it's the context in
which it is used, not the word itself. Which is, pretty much, what
it always is. I have many times heard people use words that most
would consider slurs but, when used nicely, clearly do not come
across as such. Maybe both sides need a little more tolerance of
those not intending to offend if they don't know "the rules" for
today of which words are okay and which are not.|
, 22 months, post #206 |
That whole 'new Canadian law against mis-gendering someone' is
complete BS. The bill in question adds four words, "gender identity
or expression" to the list of factors like race and sex that
government agencies and businesses regulated by the national
government can’t use to discriminate That's it.|
Next time, read up on a subject instead of just parroting ignorant
headlines and made-up stories.
From: guest (nope)
, 1 months, post #207 |
and now Justin Trudeau is revealed to be a racist who wore
brownface. I think it's clear all of these so called "progressive"
people are actually just using it for their career advancement.|
From: guest (Kara)
, 1 months, post #208 |
To be fair, Justin did apologize. It was a different time. It
doesnt make him racist because public attitude was different then
and he realizes we live in different times now. We all did stupid
things when we were younger. Those mistakes should not define who
we are now provided we learned from them.|
, 1 months, post #209 |
I don't want to defend Mr Trudeau, but at that time, I had never
heard about brown face.|
, 1 months, post #210 |
I don't like the original framing of this thread, but regarding
Trudeau... regardless of whether someone self-labels as
conservative or liberal/progressive, I think it's apparent that
three things seem to keep coming up.|
1) People with massive financial resources who have spent much (or
all) of their life in that bubble environment just don't think or
act like all the rest of us because they don't have to. I'm easily
far on the progressive/liberal side on probably all issues, but
it's likely I have more in common with the conservative MAGA dude
down the street than I do with most wealthy "progressives" like
Trudeau (or Lori Loughlin, Bono, Tom Steyer, or George "The
Bogeyman" Soros). When a person's wealth means they don't have to
worry about day-to-day stuff (food, utilities, medical bills, etc)
and they can buy their way out of the consequences for most
criminal behavior, that shapes their politics and actions far more
than any Left or Right political beliefs.
2) We as a society just don't know how to discuss these divisive
issues in a constructive manner. If we can't even discuss an issue,
we damn sure can't come to an agreement/compromise on how to start
trying to fix it or on how to justly punish those who commit these
3) Regardless of how a person self-labels, we need to instead judge
them by their actions and inactions. What I think of Trudeau will
be based largely on if he attempts to take real responsibility and
seeks to justly redress what he's done.
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]