House, MD episode Three Stories|
Dr. House is forced to lecture a class on diagnostic medicine. He tells the stories of three patients, each with similar symptoms, a farmer in his 50s, a teenage volleyball player, and a man in his late 30s. In each case, the person's appearance radically changes as House tells the story. The farmer ...more|
, 201 months, post #1 |
If someone could add a few pictures to this I'd like that|
, 201 months, post #2 |
Don't get too excited. Not only were there no actual
transformations, on or off camera, the scenes were not "real". He
was just relating some cases to medical students and changing the
details to illustrate some points. As his story changed, so did the
actors in the fictional scenes. Paul, it's pretty iffy whether this
even belongs in the catalog.|
, 201 months, post #3 |
Nah. I'd say this doesn't belong. No actual transformations.|
From: Dale Ribbons*
, 201 months, post #4 |
First, the show is 'House, MD'. I think it came out the other way
around because I put that comma in, and it probably confused the
Second, I strongly protest any talk of deleting the entry. I
believe it does fit. The characters do change, albeit not on
camera. There are many entries on the list already that feature
characters changing like this. For example, a Black Adder episode
in which Baldrick suddenly has a dog head is listed under 'animal',
even though the change occurs off camera and is part of a dream
sequence. This is just one example. Give me time and I can find
many more. I really don't see any difference. However, if you wish
to label it as minor, I see no problem with that.
, 201 months, post #5 |
Just becuause this does not have a transformation doesn't mean it
doesn't belong. It is a good story|
, 201 months, post #6 |
A Catalog of Transformations, Plus Reviews and Alerts"
I'm sure it's a good story (and Thank You for that)... however, if
it lacks a transformation of some sort... it technically wouldn't
, 201 months, post #7 |
The Black Adder thing, while a dream sequence, actually showed a
transformation (something became something else). In House's story,
he just changed the characters around to make them more appealing.
The characters didn't transform, as he still referred to them using
their real names. He still used Carmen Electra's name when he used
her in the story. She didn't become the farmer, the farmer didn't
It'd be like telling the story of Red Riding Hood with Natalie
Portman in the lead. Then, halfway through, replacing Portman with
Lindsay Lohan and naming the character Lindsay Lohan. She doesn't
become Portman's character, especially since the character was
But, I'm a fan of Dale's. So his opinion carries some clout with
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]