, 30 months, post #41 |
Looks like it's going to be even darker than I had thought.|
From: guest (vup)
, 30 months, post #42 |
I still think that however "tough" Michelle Rodriguez is type-cast
as (even if understandably so), her features are still clearly very
discernibly feminine. That's not a criticism of the casting, just
an observation/opinion that I don't think they succeeded at making
her look "mannish".|
And as someone pointed out earlier, it seems to have some elements
of Almodovar's "The Skin I Live In". I think it's biggest
problem/challenge is: Can they pull of the inherently ridiculous
scenario without Almodovar's irony or James' humor in "The Hit
Girl". That I'm interested in seeing, but they seem to have their
work cut out for them.
From: guest (vup)
, 30 months, post #43 |
(oops, sorry) :-!
, 30 months, post #44 |
There are photos from the set of the film in the following article|
From: Holly Dunn
, 30 months, post #45 |
The way she is stumbling out of that cheap hotel room with the
blood placement, it looks like they are emphasizing biological
aspects of the transformation. I can't really think of any other
reason for the blood placement on her naked legs while she is
wearing a robe stumbling out of a hotel room. I don't think a
"hitman" injury would bleed down both oh her legs but not her
torso. They are also making it a point to let her boobs kinda hang
Since currently you can't just give someone a sex change, I am
assuming there is some sci-fi involved?
Yeah that appears to be a dark scene.
, 30 months, post #46 |
"I can't really think of any other reason for the blood placement
on her naked legs while she is wearing a robe stumbling out of a
Being raped might yield similar blood placement. Either way, dark.
, 30 months, post #47 |
Well, probably sci-fi in the sense that Face/Off did some hand
waving/fast forwarding of the steps in the procedure to swap John
Travolta and Nicolas Cage's faces but either side of that the story
was much more anchored in reality in comparison. I assume it's the
same here, whatever happens will probably be handled along the
lines of The Skin I Live In.|
, 27 months, post #48 |
new marketing photos from the movie|
From: guest (Saint)
, 27 months, post #49 |
Cool! Cant wait|
From: Holly Dunn
, 24 months, post #50 |
Looks like Tomboy has sold all over the world. Will be interesting
to see how it is handled here in the states.|
Quoting the article in which it mentions they just sold to
The revenge film has sold to TF1 for France and Notorious for
Italy, along with sales for Latin America (California Filmes), the
Middle East (Eagle Films), Greece (Odeon), South Korea (Double &
Joy), Turkey (Pinema Group), Singapore (Shaw Organisation), the
Philippines and Vietnam (MVP Entertainment) and India (PVR).
From: Holly Dunn
, 24 months, post #51 |
Saban Films has purchased the Domestic Rights to Tomboy.|
The good news is these kinds of movies are moving toward greater
acceptance, although this is probably the worst portrayal of all
It's probably a step forward to see this happen. Anyone surprised
this themed story sold faster than "Sam" or "The Sex Trip?"
From: guest (Saint)
, 24 months, post #52 |
I'm not surprised Tomboy sold faster. There is a ton of talent in
front and behind the camera.|
From: guest (Air Gear)
, 24 months, post #53 |
Well, I guess we should see how it all turns out, I'm going to
guess that a lot of it hinges on how well and convincingly Michelle
Rodriguez plays the character before her Avatar co-star has her way
Here's my complete guesses from the synopsis.
"sets out for revenge alongside a nurse named Johnnie."
Apparently the nurse has some secret or other? Already been through
the "process" is my guess.
Film ends and Michelle Rodriguez's character decides to stay as is
From: Air Gear
, 23 months, post #54 |
... and here you go.|
, 22 months, post #55 |
New poster. I am so excited about this film.
, 22 months, post #56 |
Just hope it isn't a cutting off a mans penis instantly turns him
into a woman with no explanation film|
Hopeful it's at least a bit sci fi
From: guest (That Guy)
, 22 months, post #57 |
One thing I have learned in decades of anticipation of TG content -
don't get your hopes up. Don't watch the calendar or the clock
waiting for the moment. Just let it happen and take if for what it
is, not what you wanted it to be.|
That said, I like Michell Rodriquez and think she is a good choice
for this film.
From: Air Gear
, 22 months, post #58 |
I'm guessing that over the time of the mental journey to speak of
the lead, the lead changes their outlook based on their experiences
such their mind changes to match their body so to speak. You know,
what we see in >50% of the Lalola's minus all the body horror
From: guest (Jason)
, 22 months, post #59 |
I'm super anxious to see this movie myself. It would be awesome if
the hit man was given other irreversible procedures like permanent
makeup and limb/toe shortening surgery to further feminize him into
the beautiful Michelle Rodriguez :)|
, 22 months, post #60 |
It's going to be like Memory Run in my option.|
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]