, 30 months, post #161 |
, 30 months, post #162 |
From: guest (Ricky TPB)
, 30 months, post #163 |
I dont get it. So did he wake up as a woman with a mans face?|
, 30 months, post #164 |
No, as a man with a man's face.|
From: guest (James)
, 29 months, post #165 |
I'm really not understanding this comic at all. Could anyone
explain what's going on?|
, 29 months, post #166 |
Same to me. This Simple Simon X is not simple. I am confused.|
From: guest (anon)
, 28 months, post #167 |
Waiting for the Simple Simon X update, man chronicstuss delaying
really builds up the hype! a page a week is hard enough. T_T|
, 27 months, post #168 |
Sure it's simple. It's simply incomprehensible.|
, 27 months, post #169 |
I'm just wondering why he made the plot so confusing.|
We're already on the epilogue an we have no idea still of what's
, 27 months, post #170 |
Simple Simon really should've ended in the last comic that I think
was billed as the end. He also needs to work with a different
artist because the celebrity "casting" takes me out of it and the
visual storytelling is very bad and sloppy which doesn't help at
From: guest (Kara)
, 27 months, post #171 |
That depends on what type of direction the artist is receiving.|
This is by far the most confusing story to date though.
I can sort of track who's who but not why they're there in that
guise at any given story-wise.
From: guest (Seuzz)
, 27 months, post #172 |
I REALLY like chronicstuss's stuff. And the artist is very good.
But two great tastes don't always taste great together.|
My opinion, fwiw: A hyperrealistic style is a suboptimal choice for
a story that involves disguise and impersonation, where it needs to
be easy to read at a glance who a character is or is supposed to
be. But in this artist's style, too many characters (when they're
not celebrities) look too much alike, so it becomes very hard to
tell who is who and who *was* who. Unless the sequential logic is
VERY clear -- and even in chrs's best work, there can be stutters
of unclarity -- it is too easy to lose the thread of the story
because you're not sure which too-similar characters in one panel
track with too-similar characters in the next.
It's worst in the Simple Simon stories, which are baroque to the
point of insanity. But even in a fairly straightforward story like
"Prof. Templar" there were many places where I had to squint and
reread while muttering "wait, whozat?"
, 27 months, post #173 |
Maybe it's an attempt to cater to all the different tastes out
there (shape shifting, bodysuits, was there possession in there, I
couldn't tell?) but there can be too much of a good thing. I think
it'd be best to focus on one gimmick per story, which is what
usually happens with his material.|
Honestly, I'm a big fan of 'realistic' bodysuits and prosthetic
disguises, but less so of magic suits that turn hulking men into
sexy coeds unless it's established to be a predominately magical
setting. But I don't expect him to cater to just me, and when too
much is stuffed into one comic, the whole thing suffers.
From: guest (Kara)
, 27 months, post #174 |
I also strongly suspect that Chris prefers the celebrity
look-alikes for the impersonations. Killing two birds with one
stone, if you will, regarding personal fantasies.
There's definitely a conscious attempt to appeal to various tastes
whether they be his fans' or his own.
Personally, I want more Angus!
From: guest (Seuzz)
, 27 months, post #175 |
I've wondered if the celebrity lookalikes are an attempt to make
each character identifiable. The non-celebrities are
interchangeable, but Sean Connery, etc., are at least recognizable.|
I agree it's best to focus on one gimmick per story, and elsewhere
chris is masterful at using a wide range of gimmicks while focusing
on only one gimmick at a time. I think the Simon stories, though,
are meant to parody genre tropes by piling absurdity on absurdity.
So it's a very different thing. You're supposed laugh at the story,
not be tickled by it.
From: guest (Uilowe)
, 27 months, post #176 |
Does anyone know where I can get/read the deleted comics from
Chronicstuss? (for example: The King/The Five)|
From: guest (Kara)
, 27 months, post #177 |
Doubt it's still active but try this:|
log in details
From: guest (Fanjustthe)
, 26 months, post #178 |
Its doesn't work any more|
, 23 months, post #179 |
, 23 months, post #180 |
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]