A Cheeky Angel|
This new anime based off a popular manga series by the same name has just started showing in Japan back on October 5th.
A boy was given a magic book by a mysterious old man containing a genie of some kind, and wished to be the manliest man alive, but the evil genie instead changes him to a beautif ...more|
, 187 months, post #1 |
Good News! "A Cheeky Angel" is being published in America by none
other than Viz, the company that brought Ranma 1/2 and Inu-Yasha
over here. "A Cheeky Angel", a 20 volume manga, was written and
drawn by Hiroyuki Nishimori and is extremely popular in Japan. It
was adapted into a 50- episode anime series which could also be
brought over if the graphic novel is popular enough! So lay off the
scans and buy it! LOL! The story follows a young tough boy, nine
year old Megumi, who runs into a genie that mixes up his wish of
being "The Manliest Man on Earth" and turns him into a girl. The
story then picks up six years later. Megumi is the hottest most
sought after girl in school and only she and her best freind know
of her male past. A great manga you should be looking forward to!|
From: carbon copy human*
, 184 months, post #2 |
According to http://www.amazon.com cheeky angel will be released in
July of 2004. However, http://www.viz.com has it being released on
June 16, 2004. Guess we will have to keep an eye open for it.|
From: It's July*
, 184 months, post #3 |
I checked my local Waldenbooks a week ago when amazon still had it
listed june 10th or whatever and the bookstore said the release
date is july|
, 183 months, post #4 |
I've read the first manga... although the transformation itself has
already taken place six years in the past, they do a full flashback
early on that shows exactly how it all happened.|
The setup is actually a lot more fun than I would have expected,
because while the main character still thinks of herself as male
much of the time, she's adapted to being female more than she
realizes... and also given that she was 9 years old when the
transformation occured, she really doesn't understand how teenage
boys think any more than the other girls.
, 183 months, post #5 |
I bought the 50 episode DVD collection, and so far I've watched the
first 20 or so. The English subtitles are laughably bad, sometimes
incoherent. It is a very literal translation by someone who is
obviously not a native English speaker.|
However, the TG stuff is really not all that important in the
story. It focuses on the 4 guys trying to date her more than it
does on her. If you hadn't seen the 1st episode, you might well
believe it was a story about 4 guys competing over a tough,
tomboyish, but beautiful looking girl. But the artwork is nice, the
characters are fun, and it's a pretty fun show overall.
, 183 months, post #6 |
you can download it off bit torrent its called a diffrent name
Tenshi na Konamaiki it can be downloaded at
From: CHEEKY? I'll SHOW you CHEEKY!!!*
, 180 months, post #7 |
That last post, about the sub translation, that is a bootleg. This
is not on DVD yet and so if you have bought one or are conidering
buying one from that last comment be faR WARNED THAT IT IS INDEED A
BOOTLEG AND FOR us AUDIENCES vIZ MUST HAVE SOME PLANS OF RELEASING
, 180 months, post #8 |
wait a minute... Viz? as in the english adult comic book? as in the
creators of "two fat slags" "roger melly the man off the telly" and
other crude creations? are these the same companies?|
, 180 months, post #9 |
VIZ, LLC (The company) is "The leading U.S. publisher of Japanese
animation and comics (anime and manga) for English-speaking
Viz (The comic) is owned by Dennis Publishing.
, 180 months, post #10 |
>Whitney was a 9 year old boy when he was given a magic book. A
genie offered him a wish. Whitney asked to be the man of all men.
The genie goofed and made Whitney the woman of all women. This is
all explained in a great flashback moment,|
A word to the wise: Don't trust the flashback. You're not viewing
the past, but Whitney's memory of the past.
, 180 months, post #11 |
Whitney? Did they change the names in translation ala pokemon?|
I hate it when they do that. I suppose they try to pretend the
series is set in america as well. Changing Yen to dollars and rice
balls to doughnuts etc. It makes me sick.
, 166 months, post #12 |
The video in www.fatrala.com/videos|
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 166 months, post #13 |
I believe the link Alexa is refering to is this:|
From: guest (IT IS NOT BOOTLEG)
, 166 months, post #14 |
UNTIL A COMPANY LICCENSE IT IN THE US FOR AMERICANS OR IN BRITIAN
FOR BRITISH. FANSUBS LISTEN TO JAPANESE COMPANIES WHEN THEY ASKED
NOT FANSUB SHOWS MEDIA FACTORY IS ONLY COMPANY THAT HAS ASKED FOR
IT'S SHOWS NOT TO BE FANSUB. FANSUB GROUPS ONLY TRANSLAT NONE
LICSENSED. THE DVDS WITH THE BAD ENGLISH TRANSLATION IS FROM A
TWAIN COMPANY THAT ACTUALLY HAS THE RIGHTS TO SELL THE DVDS DO THE
TRANSLATE CORRECT NO. BUT NO COMPANY TO MY KNOWLEDGE IN THE U.S.
HAS BOUGHT THE RIGHTS TO TENSHI NA KONAMAIKI "ANIME".|
, 166 months, post #15 |
Lady Sekhmet thanks for the correction.|
, 142 months, post #16 |
Would someone mind clearing up the ending of this for me, cant find
the answer anywhere?Click to show spoiler|
Gur Navzr raq jvgu Zrthzv xvffvat Tra, gura gur travr cbcf bhg naq
fnl v thrff lbh unir znqr lbh epubvpr fb vz abg arrqrq? Fb jn
Zrthzv nyjnlf n tevy yvxr gur Znatn?Pyvpx gb fubj fcbvyre
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]