An unusual mermaid tale where the mermaid transforms from a beautiful siren into a murderous creature.
This was a made for tv movie as part of USA's "Creature Features" so its rather low budget. Even so, the film is quite well done and the mermaid costume is exceptional (imo).
, 169 months, post #1 |
This film was shown a couple of nights ago over here in the UK. The
films pretty good but the TF scenes were top-notch. Seeing a
beautiful woman transform into an armoured, spiky, piscine killing
machine never loses it's appeal.|
About halfway through the change she reminded me of one of Doctor
Who's Sea-Devils. I almost hid behind the sofa at that point. Aaah
From: DB Cooper
, 169 months, post #2 |
Wasn't that a remake of an older movie?|
, 169 months, post #3 |
I think the whole movie is on youtube. And it's got Rufus Sewell
from Dark City!|
"Creature feature Movie about a flesh eating mermaid enjoy."
From: The Gambler
, 169 months, post #4 |
Saw it on DVD few years ago, not that impressed. Linked this thread
to the existing entry.|
From: Lady Sekhmet
, 169 months, post #5 |
I had clips from this up on my video server years ago (we're
talking pre youtube here). I was quite impressed with it... had a
nice dark mood to it and the effects were well above what you'd
expect from a low budget film.|
Definitely recommend it any monster movie fans :)
, 169 months, post #6 |
"and the effects were well above what you'd expect from a low
I believe Creature Feature was a product from Stan Winston Studios
done for one of the specialy tv channels.Winstons website was
honking its horn for that one.
From: The Gambler
, 169 months, post #7 |
Forgot if the "movie" was made for USA Channel or Sci-Fi channel,
or was direct to video/DVD release back in 2001, but it show up on
Sci-Fi Channel a lot in the last few years.|
From: guest (uri)
, 169 months, post #8 |
The database entry has it wrong. The Creature Features movies were
produced for HBO/Cinemax, not USA Network. They were shown on
Cinemax in 2001-2. Each took its title from an American
International release from the 1950s, but none had very much to do
with the plot of the original.|
The original She Creature involved a hypnotist who regressed his
assistant to a past life as some kind of prehistoric bipedal crab
monster. Somehow this caused the monster to materialize and stalk
out of the ocean to commit murders -- per the hypnotic suggestions
given to the assistant.
Also in the series was Earth vs. the Spider, -- which doesn't seem
to be in the database -- and which tells the story of a comic book
geek working as a security guard in an office building which houses
a laboratory developing a serum that makes spiders indestructible
(since the desirability of indestructible spiders is self-evident,
the point of this enterprise is never explained). Injecting himself
with the serum. he develops super powers similar to his hero "The
Arachnoid Avenger" (a Spiderman pastiche) The serum ultimately
turns him into a half-human, half-spider monster who begins
devouring his neighbors. The make-up effects were very creepy,
Add a New Message to This Thread|
- ANY POST(s) MAY BE REMOVED at the discretion of moderators
for violation of this website's guidelines/rules or any law
applicable to this website.
- All discussions must be transformation related OR of interest to
the transformation community.
- Please try to keep posts appropriate for younger teenage eyes to
view (Things you'd be comfortable sharing with a 13 year-old).
- Do not 'attack' other posters. You may attack an individual's
comments but not the individual.
- Be polite, courteous, and respectful. Please keep the conversations
- While use of an online alias is ok. Do NOT pretend to be another
(or registered) user.
- Do not post direct links to complete copyrighted works. Links
provided by (or approved by) the copyright holder may
- Links to content hosted on websites that have a clear, and easy to
find, process for dealing with infringement(s); and a known
reputation for following through with said process, may
- Please read this site's views on copyrighted content on the FAQ
- Do not plagiarize. Credit your sources.
- For posts and material that are not safe for viewing in a workplace
or with younger eyes, please mark the thread or post as either, "MATURE CONTENT", "ADULT CONTENT",
- Please post clear SPOILER warnings if you intend to give away
details that would spoil the story for those who have not yet seen
the material, preferably by using the spoiler
tags (don't forget to close the spoiler text with the end tag),
like so: <spoiler>Text to be "hidden"
-- For additional help, please see: HOW TO: Use Spoiler tags
- When starting a New Message Thread, please include details about
your topic of discussion or request in the Subject
field to help draw in readers who are interested and avoid wasting
the time of those who are not. Also helpful in searching for the
- If you post a link, please provide some detail as to what it is.
Identify the material if possible.
- Please post in English, or include an English translation, when
- If seeking material / information, include the results of your own
efforts so that others can offer better help (and avoid wasting
time and effort on redundant searches).
- When starting a new thread to request material or information,
please begin the subject with "REQ:"
- Do not post messages in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
- Do not attack a user for improper spelling and/or grammar. Not all
of our community uses English as their native language.
- Please do not stray (far) from the topic of the original post.
- If a poster provides their contact information for any reason, do
NOT clutter the Message Board by asking them to contact you. They
gave out their contact information for a reason.
- No begging. Ask nicely.
- Do not feed the trolls and spammers. Please ignore them.
- Do not keep asking for clips after others have already posted
information on where to obtain the material.
- Please have some patience. Not everyone visits the board daily.
Your post may not be seen (by someone with the correct information
or idea) for several days or weeks.
- No bumping. Bumping will be treated as intentional spamming.
- Do not post advertisements.
- One exception is for products or services that relate to entries on
this site. And even then, only post an announcement once. You
should add links or content to the appropriate database entries. Do
not repeat this information to the message board. Doing so will be
- This list is neither all-inclusive or all-exclusive in nature, and
is meant to guide everyone on appropriate content for and conduct
on this Message Board.
- The purpose of this Message Board is to share information about
transformation-related content, news, ideas, etc. Also acceptable,
are conversations that are of interest to the transformation
- Moderation of posts for reasons not listed above are at the
discretion of the Trusted Users who moderate this website, for the
purpose of keeping things within the "spirit" of the owner's wishes
and the website's purpose.
- If you disagree with a moderation decision, please make an argument
as to why it should be reinstated. Use the posting guidelines to justify your point.
Do not attack the moderator.
[Edit this Page]